- Rotary Vacuum Paddle Dryer (RVPD)
- Double Cone Rotary Vacuum Dryers (RVCD)
- Rotary Vacuum Tumbling Dryer (RVTD)
Rotary Vacuum Paddle Dryer is a jacketed cylindrical horizontal vessel with a a large diameter hollow shaft.
Attached to the shaft are hollow paddles provided with specially designed scraper blades, which scrape the entire internal surface of the Dryer and continuously move and rotate the material thereby precluding the possibility of material remaining in contact with hot surfaces for protracted periods of time.
The jacket and hollow shaft with paddles can be heated with hot water, steam or any other thermal fluid capable of providing a large indirect heat transfer area.
Cooling can be also be done by cold water, brine or any other refrigerant through the jacket and hollow shaft.
Limpet Coil can be provided in lieu of jacket, if liquid heating medium is used.
Hard facing of shaft provided in way of gland packing areas of trunions.
Arrangements for nitrogen purging provided. Bag cleaning arrangements with pulsation by nitrogen jet injector provided.
Heavy duty trunions and bearings support the hollow shaft (agitator) and the drive is provided by means of a motor through reduction gears and chain and sprocket.
Provision has also been made to insert four breaker bars inside the dryer shell for particle size reduction.
In special cases, stationary scraper blade can be provided to scrape the rotating agitator, for highly sticky materials.
• Externally heated through jacket/limpet coils
• Internally heated Agitator shaft for maximum heat transfer area
• Drys and conveys for discharge
• Efficient rotary joint to inject heating media into agitator and remove condensate
• Prepiped with heating medium inlet to dryer and condensate out to headers
• Quick opening manual discharge valve and charging door for minimum manual handling
• Chain sprocket drive through speed reducers and motor
• Direct drive through speed reducer and motor
• Control panel totally prewired for ease of performance taking into account safety factors
• Useful for pharmaceutical, dyes/dye intermediates, inorganic chemicals, temperature sensitive materials, plastics, agrochemicals, organic chemicals etc.
Mechanicals Seals can be provided instead of stuffing box for certain applications
Pneumatic/Hydraulically operated discharge valves
Solvent recovery system inclusive of condenser, receiver, vacuum system and interconnecting piping
Complete instrumentation for DCS control/Control room operations. Variable speed drive (Frequency inverter)
Static scrapers on shell to scrape agitators for sticky/slimy products
Mechanical charge loading through hoppers, screw conveyors & discharge arrangement with a bagging unit with rotary valves are available as optional parts of the system
Sterile/Clean room configuration
Slurry/wet cake is charged through the charging door while keeping rotation of the agitator on.
Vacuum is then applied to the Dryer along with Dust Catcher (mounted on the Dryer) Condenser and Receiver.
Heating medium is passed through the jacket and agitator.
Vigorous evaporation of moisture takes place under vacuum.
The vapour passes through the bag filters of the dust catcher, goes into the condenser and the condensate is collected in the receiver.
Evaporation under high vacuum and low temperature results in faster recovery of maximum solvents.
Adequate provision has been provided to cater for fluctuations in steam pressure/temperature, in condenser cooling water temperature, moisture content of feed etc. Dry product is discharged via the Discharge Valve by reversing the agitator rotational direction to “discharge” direction.
Operating Condition & Capacity RangesSalient Features
Ideal for temperature sensitive materials
Almost 100 per cent recovery of solvents
Low Energy consumptionOperating Conditions
Vacuum : Upto even 0.6 torr
Heating Temperature : 30° to 300°C.Capacity Ranges
Gross Capacity - From 500 Ltrs. To 25000 Ltrs.
Charging Capacity - 40 to 60% of Gross Capacity depending on the nature of the products.
|Model||Gross Capacity in ltrs.||Charging Capacity in ltrs./sq. m.||Heating Surface per sq. m.||H.P.||Dimensions in mm.|